Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Tree for Free

Pune is the greenest place on Earth I have ever visited. When my mother had come to see me a year back, she was absolutely spell bound by the greenery around. It really gives you a lot of pleasure to watch such wonderful trees.

When studying for exams in college, I'd often sit in our beautifully maintained college garden. It'd relax my mind to a degree that I could get back to studies full swing.

I really realised the importance of trees recently and would like to do every thing to make my surroundings greener. Whats more, Green has become the flavour of this season for me.

The good news is that Sambhaji Park, near Bal Gandharva Square (in Pune) maintains a nursery and sells all kinds of trees just for a rupee each. Now this is the most amazing thing I heard of in recent times. This facility of availing low cost trees is provided specially to promote afforestation by common people.

We sh
ould take up responsibility of planting a few trees at least and maintaining them. This would ensure to preserve the greenery in our cities. Dont you feel this is an easy way to say Good Bye to Global Warming !

1 comment:

Dinesh said...

That's one of the most amazing things I heard about Pune..
Similar attempts are being made by Latur Municipal Corporation to promote tree plantation through homes.. For this, they prove free siblings to citizens in the month of December.. They also guide about the proper gardening process..
Next December, they check the status of the siblings and then depending on the position, they provide you more siblings and other help..
Wonderful initiative I must say...